Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Deckin' The Halls

A few weeks ago while visiting a friend in PA, I noticed a pretty Anthropologie'esque wreath that she had made hanging on her door.  It was staring me in the face, beckoning me.  I decided I had to have one too, and like her, I surely wasn't paying $70 for it.  I would make it with my own two hands.  TAWANDA!

Now, I don't necessarily think of myself as a crafty person.   In fact, I'd prefer the magic wand method.  I'm not a "scrapper" (that's slang for scrapbooking people), I don't sew, and I don't collect Beanie Babies. But I had gumption!.....and a super cute friend that I dragged into this.

So off to the craft store I went!  I meandered through scarecrows and potpourri satchels galore, picking up yarn, felt, and wreaths.


So finishing up my purchases (and being laughed at by a senior citizen for wearing my wreaths as bangles), I drove to my friends house to begin our "wreathing adventures."
 Step 1: We started out with some enchiladas and pumpkin spice coffee to help us focus.
Step 2:  Tie the yarn around the wreath, hot gluing the knot to secure it down.
Step 3:  Eat cake and drink more pumpkin spice coffee.......................
Step 4:  Wrap that wreath with yarn until the cows come home. 
Me.  Brianna.  Eli.


Now, the cows came home about 4hrs later, which was a lot longer than we had thought, hence the fake smile in the picture above.  We broke up the time by watching Heart of Dixie and taking "chip-eating breaks."  I'm pretty sure Eli wanted to dunk our wreaths in the toilette out of disgust.
So finally It was time to make the flowers, and we didn't have a sweet clue about how to do it.  So we did what any desperate person with hurt fingers and chip crumbs on their shirt would do.  We winged it.  We cut out circles of different colored felt and pinched those sons-of-guns with hot glue until they morphed into something beautiful.  We attached them onto our wreaths and
 VIOLA!

So the moral of this story is, if we successfully made ourselves something pretty nice to deck our halls with, you can too;)
Mine.

                                     
Hers.


No comments:

Post a Comment